In early 2007, I had a nasty DB issue on my web server and (I thought) lost the first year or so's worth of posts to gilesthomas.com -- including the history of my attempts to automate my backups using s3sync, which are inexplicably popular :-). Even worse, the subsequent restarting of post IDs meant that Google Reader stopped noticing updates to the website, leading to a number of readers thinking I'd gone quiet.
Today, I found an old backup, and I've managed to merge it in with the recent posts -- so hopefully all of these problems are now fixed. There's a risk that some RSS readers might mark a lot of old posts "unread", so apologies if it looked to you like I'd just made a few dozen new posts.
All should be well now.
[Update] I've checked Google Reader and it looks like posts are feeding through again. w00t!
Things have been busy for the last week or so, especially at Resolver, where we are moving inexorably toward a public launch. Normal blogging service will be resumed shortly.
This is a new technical blog to replace the personal/political blog I've been keeping for a while - which latter shall remain nameless... A fresh start -- somewhere to keep "lab notes" as I play with the various techie toys I have at home, to store links to sites and articles I find interesting, and perhaps somewhere to sound off about tech-related ideas coming from work. I think it'll be fun.